Sunday 6 April 2014

Moula Ali Railway Yard


Moula Ali Yard, Watercolour on Paper, 15" X 11" 
I go out plein air painting every weekend with a friend to some place nearby. This is my sketch from today morning done at the shunting yard near Moula Ali railway station. 

We were a bit hesitant to lay out our stuff in such a place, as we thought someone might raise an objection. But to our surprise there was no disturbance whatsoever and we ended up with a peaceful and fulfilling outdoor session! :)

All comments and critiques are most welcome. 

4 comments:

Studio at the Farm said...

Well, Vinayak, I have no criticism at all - it's wonderful. And I admire you going out to paint en plein air! I think your choice of a pinkish sky, and bringing the color into the ground and buildings is a good one, and the tram lines and poles add so much to the painting. I am impressed!!! :)
Kathryn

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Thank you so much Kathryn. I really hope I can continue this to the point where I can actually see some improvement in my work. :)

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Your work is excellent and beautifully painted. This is another one I really love. You captured the feeling of the air and sun.

Vinayak Deshmukh said...

Thank you so much Julie :)